my story:
The Pregnancy (by Mom)
I found out I was pregnant on January 31, 2005 at 3:00 p.m. at work. This was 2 weeks before Terrell was
supposed to leave for Officer Training School for 4 months. Needless to say this pregnancy was a bit of
surprise to all of us. After the initial shock, I was so excited to welcome a new little one into our crazy family.
The pregnancy for the most part was great. I experienced very little discomfort besides all the heartburn.
(Now I know why, due to all that hair!) We decided to find out the sex of our new baby. Why some may ask!
Well if you knew Little Terrell at all, I wanted to know what we had in store for us if we had another boy. So
yes, I was hoping for a little girl to add a little calmness into our lives. We ended up having several
ultrasounds to make sure we were having a little girl. I was so happy to find out that we were having a little
girl. Now we would have one of each that would enrich our lives so much more.
The Labor (by Mom)
Labor....this will be an interesting one. Well we all were sitting in the living room relaxing after dinner. I was
giving Nyla a pep talk. Basically, telling her to come out right away. I didn't think she was going to take me
literally. But that she did. Around 8:45 on 13 September my mucous plug fell out and shortly after that my
contractions started to come. I told Terrell I was having some contractions and he told me to lay down that it
could be weeks away. So I go upstairs to take a shower and get ready for bed at 10 pm. At that time my
contractions were ten minutes apart. I call the hospital and they told me to wait till there about 5-7 minutes
apart and call back in about 2 hours. So I tried to lie down and sleep but they kept coming. I call the hospital
again around midnight and told them that the contractions were 5-7 minutes apart and again they told me
to take a shower and wait 2 more hours. I again took another shower and waited. Oh! Did I mention that
between contractions I was packing my bag for the hospital because I hadn't packed it previously? Terrell
kept cleaning the basement because he thought I wasn't having the baby. So we weren't prepared for this
at all. At about 1:50 am Terrell calls the hospital and tells them that we are on our way. If you have had the
privilege of riding with Terrell, you will believe me when I tell you that we made it to the hospital in 20
minutes (We live 45 minutes from the hospital).  Terrell drove around the hospital like two times because
we didn't know were to go until we finally found it. It was 2:30 am when we finally got into the hospital and I
had Nyla at 2:40 am.
The Name (by Mom)
I got Nyla name from a show on BET call NYLA. At the time I didn't know it stood for New York/ L.A. I thought
the show was called Nyla. The middle name was a little bit of a challenge for us. We didn't actually decide
on the middle name till the day we got discharge from the hospital. Terrell picked Monet from a baby book
given to us by my mom.
Our Baby (by Mom)
Well as you might have guess it our lives has changed. A lot of adjustment, but it is all worth it. To have
another beautiful child in the family to enjoy is a blessing and we thank GOD everyday. Even through all the
pain of natural childbirth, holding Nyla for the first time brought back memories. It reminded me to enjoy her
because they grow up so fast.
September 14, 2005
Nyla Monet Augurson